Who is eligible to use the Book Charging process?
You may charge the cost of your books prior to financial aid being disbursed if you meet all the following criteria:
- You have received your Financial Aid Award Letter and have
completed the loan application process if you will be using loan funds
to pay for books and supplies.
- You are registered for classes.
- The total financial aid you will be receiving, at your registered credit level, exceeds your current account balance.
- You have activated your Saint Paul College e-mail account. (Requests
that are submitted without a Saint Paul College e-mail account will not
- May 12, 2017 E-mail
notification of approved book charging amount will be sent to your Saint
Paul College email account.
- May 15, 2017: Book Charging Process begins at the Bookstore.
- June 8, 2017: Last day to charge items at the Bookstore for the book charging program.
You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you
become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to
cover your account balance. Failure to pay all charges on your
account will prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold
will be placed on all your academic records at Saint Paul College. Your
debt will also be referred to the Minnesota Department of Revenue for
You may go directly to the Bookstore to purchase your books and
supplies in person. However, you may encounter long lines and thus we
encourage you to reserve your books online. Please refer to the Saint Paul College Bookstore Web site
for information on how to order your books online. You will need your
Star ID#, schedule and Saint Paul College Tech ID or picture ID when charging your
books at the Bookstore. Book charging must be completed by June 8, 2017.