Please enter search criteria
Financial Aid Charging Information
Financial aid charging is made available each semester to students who have a certified financial aid award and who have funds that exceed the amount of their tuition and fees. Financial aid charging allows students to charge books through the Campus Store up to the amount available after tuition and fees are paid. Students in programs with a higher expense of required textbook and course supplies will be allowed to charge at an increased maximum
Prior to attempting to use your financial aid at the Campus Store, it is your responsibility to confirm that there are financial aid funds available for charging. You can calculate your financial aid
Financial aid charging is available only during a specific period of time each semester. Check the Campus Store and our website for dates.
Please note each student's financial aid availability is different and various factors -- sometimes unknown to the Campus Store -- can prevent financial aid from being available for charging. While Campus Store staff can verify the availability of financial aid funds for purchases, If you have specific questions regarding your financial aid please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Financial aid charging in the Campus Store
To charge against your financial aid in the Campus Store, you must present your student ID at the time of purchase. If you are unable to get a Campus Card you may present
Financial aid charging @ saintpaulcollegebookstore.com (online orders)
To charge against your financial aid through the Campus Store's website, select financial aid ("FA") as your payment type and enter your star ID in the account number field during check-out.
Guidelines for financial aid charging
The following is a list of items you may purchase through the Campus Store with financial aid charging:
The following items are NOT available for purchase with financial aid charging:
FAQ for financial aid charging
Who is eligible to use the FA Charging process?
You may charge the cost of your books prior to financial aid being disbursed if you meet all the following criteria:
- You have received your Financial Aid Award Letter and have completed the loan acceptance if you will be using loan funds to pay for books and supplies.
- The total financial aid you will be receiving, at your registered credit level, exceeds your current account balance.
- You have completed the one-time Miscellaneous Charge Authorization in your Financial Aid Award Notification in eServices.
- You have activated your Saint Paul College e-mail account.
What are the dates for FA Charging?
FA charging begins three weeks before a semester starts and ends the second week of the term. Near the start of each term you will receive an email to your student email account with the specific dates for the start of FA charging and the last day to charge.
What is the Miscellaneous Charge Authorization?
You must complete the one-time Miscellaneous Charge Authorization in your Financial Aid Award Notification in eServices to be considered for FA Charging. If you previously declined the authorization or failed to accept the authorization, you can still accept it by returning to your Award Notification. If you are unable to view your Award Notification because you have already submitted your Award Response, contact the Financial Aid Office at 651.846.1386 or visit the Enrollment Services Office to have them reopen your Financial Aid Award Notification.
How do I charge books?
- After FA charging begins and you have completed all the criteria above, you will receive an e-mail to your Saint Paul College e-mail account with your approved amount to charge at the Saint Paul College Campus Store. The amount you see in your email will be based on your registered credits and accepted awards from the prior day.
- All textbooks will only be available online at the Saint Paul College Campus Store Website. Please refer to the Saint Paul College Campus Store Website for information on how to order your books online.
- After you receive the email, you can order online at the website, up to the amount you are eligible to charge.
- You may also visit the Campus Store in person for any supplies needed for your courses.
- Any charges made at the Campus Store will be added to your student account to be paid when your awards apply, starting the third week of the term.
What happens if I change my schedule or accept my loans?
If you make any changes to your registered courses, accept your loans, or are approved for additional awards, you will receive a new email with your updated amounts. The email will automatically be sent to your Saint Paul College email account the day after you make any changes.
What happens if I charge my books, but after changing my schedule I do not have enough to pay for them?
You will be held responsible for full payment of your books if you become ineligible for Financial Aid or your aid is not sufficient to cover your account balance. Failure to pay all charges on your account may prevent you from registering for future courses and a hold will be placed on all your academic records at Saint Paul College. Your debt will also be referred to the Minnesota Department of Revenue for collection.
Where do I get my books?
- Beginning the Summer of 2019 term, textbooks will only be available at our website.
- You may go directly to the Campus Store to purchase your supplies. Please refer to the Saint Paul College Campus Store Website for information on how to order your books online.
- You will need your Saint Paul College Tech ID and schedule when ordering your textbooks at the website.